Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Subject: FW: suspected fraud



I believe a person in Cameroon is attempting to scam me. He says he has a marginated tortoise for sale, but insists I pay him through wester union. He says his name is Horace Ivan and his company is Horace Farms, Inc. The information he gave me to pay him is:

Name:William Ndofor Duprie
Coutry:Cameroon
City:Douala
Test Question:My color
Answer:Blue

When I questioned this and told him I would not pay this way, he replied with;

" Lets do it this way.You make the transfer of $250 through western union and keep the controle numbers (MTCN).Withous these numbers we cannot withdraw the money here.You will only send the numbers when you get the female marginated tortoise.we would verify if the money has been transfered before shipping the tortoise.Get back to me soonest so that i'll get it shipped today.

Best Regards"

I know this to be false. For this reason and because of other emails he has sent, I suspect fraud. The only other information I have for his company is:

Horace Ivan
mbana street
Bangangte
Ouest
Cameroon
Phone: 237-7556-1384

I am communicating to him through horacefarm@gmail.com

If you could let me know if my suspicions are correct I would appreciate it. Thank you for trying to protect people against fraud.

2 comments:

  1. Have you found out anything?
    I have them offering an African Serval so I wanted to check because they said pretty much the same thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/14/2007

    Uhm, found out about what? I have no idea who you are or what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENT TO THE MOST RECENT POSTING ON THIS PAGE, NOT THE ONE THAT CAME UP IN YOUR SEARCH. Do not forget to include the scammers e-mail address.

THANK YOU