Sunday, July 1, 2007

Why do I (we) do this.

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke


Got the following two e-mails in the last two days..


dear stay at home mom w/ too much time on her hands, go get a f*&^%$ job. everyone knows about the scams, if they dont they deserve not to have their money if there that f(*&^%$ stupid. cl has a job section, you should check it out

You're starting to really freaking seriously piss me off. Everytime I go on the pet page there is a posting from you about the damn Yorkie people. Flag them. stop freaking SPAMMING the forum. JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I, and others keep doing this (yes folks, it's not just me), below are posted a sample of the e-mails I've gotten from people...


if I sent an email to one of the scam post.. is there anything that they can do .. other than send me junk mail? I was looking on a different city and didn't see that other people had posted it was a scam. just curious. thanks.



Below is the emails I have had with this person. I believe it is a scam. How do you report their email to their host for fraud?


mary_williama@yahoo.com
cameroonpetservices@airpost.net

Have just been scammed by both of these yesterday and today.


do you really do something to "fight" these scammers or just post and flag them? (that is not a sarcastic question, i am seriously wondering) Because i hate seeinbg all the scammer ads.

Hi where did you see the this ad about the cute yorkie? I can't find it please link it to me so I can read it

Thanks


I got an email about a bird. Would you mind looking at it to see if its legiate?


Hey! Saw your ad and was just curious about the threat? I have replied to a couple of ads this week about bulldogs and of course, it’s the Cameroon scam. One of them I asked a lot of questions to and they ask me “Why all the questions”? Would love to know your experience if you don’t mind.

When you get an email from them, forward it to abuse@(their server) they delete the email address, scammer looses all contact.

What kind of threat did you get from them, and do they have the means to follow through? I hope not.
They're usually so easy to recognize, I really like messing with them and letting them think I'm falling for something.


I'm totally with ya- please just explain how to do so- I have 3 or 4
scammers emails sitting in my inbox right now (oh, the bad weather, the
3
month overseas dog show- lies, lies,lies). Tell me how to reoprt them,
or
send me to the site that has the info, and I'll join in. Thanks~


unfortunately, I used my regular email to contact the
spammer. If the email on craigslist is a regular
email, I use my regular email to contact them. If
it's a "craigslist" email that's forwarded, I have to
use my yahoo email, because for some reason my regular
email keeps bouncing it back to me as an invalid email
address. Thanks for the help!


hey, How does that webiste you linked to work? I often post warnings, would love to do more than just get their ads removed unitl next time. Thanks!~

Amen, I spent $254 (supposably having a tiny teacup chihuahua shipped)
hahaha, before I realised it was a scam. I even contacted my local
airport about information, and still got SCAMMED. My contact person was

Mr. Jeffrey Frielde or Terraso Messa, so beaware of those 2 names. I
reported mine to The Federal Trade Comission and local FBI. I do not
have money to through away like that.I love puppies and would spend
that
much more to buy another one local but I do not have it to spend. I
pray
God will take care of those people.

Thanks




Why do I and o thers keep doing this? I can't speak for all of them, but for the ones I have spoken to....We keep doing this, because we realized it's helping others avoid being ripped off. Which is a nice feeling. We do it, because we know it annoys the crap out of the scammers (they actually had one of my yahoo e-mail addresses disconnected). We do this because we enjoy screwing with and wasting the theives time. We do this because we feel that doing nothing when we see injustice just encourages injustice.

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENT TO THE MOST RECENT POSTING ON THIS PAGE, NOT THE ONE THAT CAME UP IN YOUR SEARCH. Do not forget to include the scammers e-mail address.

THANK YOU