Saturday, August 18, 2007

How many holes can you spot in this scammers e-mail?

I've highlighted just some of them (not even including spelling and grammar).....Dear god, you'd think with the internet at their finger tips they would at least avail themselves of spellcheck and an Atlas.

Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:10:39 -0800

From: "Linda Kimbely" klady2007@gmail.com

Subject: Re: Yorkie Puppy Needs a Good HOme

The following is the first e-mail scammer sent...

Linda Kimbely wrote:
> > Hello This beautiful and Adorable Little girl is still available
for
> > adoption, With A Great Personality. She is a Very Calm And Loving.
> > Beautiful And Charming!! girl looking for her for ever home. She is
> > well Socialized With People ,Children and other pets like cats,
birds
> > , ferret and other dogs. She is 2,5 lbs at 13 weeks and her
Estimated
> > Adult Weight 4-5 Pounds. She has already been potty trained,
> > housebroken. She is a 100% pure breed Yorkshire Terrier Puppy. She
is
> > call Tina. She will be coming along with all vet documents. lots of
> > toys and running which is her best game, and she is looking for a
> > family that she will have people to play with. All I want from you
is
> > to take good care of her and you will have to send me monthly pics
of
> > her, so that i can see how she is doing with her new family.

Followed up to my questions with...

I am very sorry never inform you I relocated out of
the states. I am presently Here in Cameroon with my
husband who just got a transfer to come work with
the US Embassy here in Cameroon
*. So I will be shipping
the puppy from here. I don't know if You will be
comfortable to get her ship over to the states. If
this sounds well then get back so that we can come up
with some thing. We where previously located in
Minnesota Town Down St. Paul ** before my husband had a
transfer. the reason why I am given her out for
adoption is due the bad weather condition here which
makes her not to fill like as home
and more over I am
pregnant now and I will not be able to take good care
of her.
**** There is also lack of cane dog food here***** and
inadequate vet docs here. So please here is my phone
number you can reach me 00237-9690-1424. if you love
her and you are willing to help adopt her just give me
a call.

* As anyone who has delt with the US goverment knows, these things don't 'just happen'. They take months.One can also call, or e-mail any US embassy and verify personell there. Dear god, do you know how long it takes to just get a 'fast passport' right now?
**Did they perhaps mean, St. Paul, Minnesota, and they just forgot to delete the other locations?
*** Please don't tell me they didn't know what the weather would be like in Cameroon before going there. I know many say US goverment employees are stupid, but, come on folks. We won't even get into the fact that these supposed people were dumb enough to buy an expensive puppy right before they knew they were being transfered out of the US.
**** Oh, there's the heart string tugger. Ironically, people on Craigslist have FITS when someone claims they are giving up a beloved pet because of 'pregnancy'.
*****Uhm, gosh, what ever did people do before canned dog food. Guess nobody kept pets!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENT TO THE MOST RECENT POSTING ON THIS PAGE, NOT THE ONE THAT CAME UP IN YOUR SEARCH. Do not forget to include the scammers e-mail address.

THANK YOU