Sunday, August 5, 2007

"I can't believe someone would fall for this scam..they deserve to loose thier money"

Guess what, no they don't. Those who make such stupid and thoughtless statements are no better than the scammers either. Turning a blind eye to evil, or blaming the victim does nothing but encourage that evil.

Yes, people do fall for the scam, and I've often wondered why. Some chalk it up to greed, wanting something for nothing. But no, after exchanging e-mails with many people who have fallen, or who almost fell for the Cameroon Pet Scam I've come to the conclusion that most of them fall for the scam because they trust.

You see, we live in a society where we tend to trust each other. I can't tell you how many times I have been helped by strangers, many more than I've ever been ripped off or misstreated by. I remembre one stranger who risked his live by crossing a busy interstate four times to fix a sparkplug on my car. He risked his life to save my children and mine from a dangerous situation.

Unfortunatly, the scammers live in a culture where they would lie to their own monthers for a buck. A society that preys on strangers, and each other.

Frankly, I'd rather live in a society where you can usually trust the person sitting next to you than in the Scammers little world. Yeah, we may occasionally get taken by these criminals, but those incidents don't outweigh the good we find in others everyday.

7 comments:

  1. I saw an advert in www.pickandpost.com.my for 2 english bulldog puppies (coco and codi) by a person by the name of Mary Wood. mawdster@gmail.com

    After corresponding with her, I found out that she is in Cameroon and insisted that I wire the money directly over to her. I insisted that I wire the money over to a local forwarder who will then pay her once the puppies has been delivered to the airport. Since then I have not heard from her. Can you check if she is one of the "Cameroon Pet Scammers"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a typical scammer to me. I could check further if you could forward a copy of the e-mail, includng full headers to fightthecameroonscammers@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a Some msg and if i give you the emails how can you find out if they are scammers?? hey and nice info page i spend hours reading and relizing that some are very similar..any ways thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tell me and i can paste you Alot of email i have from them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi bebe,

    if you can send a copy of the e-mails, include full headers if you can, forward them to fightthecameroonscammers@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI i will send copies of the emails i got one was even funny because they were talking to me about a 50pound dog and i was originally asking about a yorkie..lol and when i told them them they havent awnsered YET..you ca also check a post that i put up on my blog at ... bebe916.blogspot.com... and thank you and i also wanted to know how to report abuse to homail and yahoo when i send it you will see thanks for your reply.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i will send the copys to that mail and i would like to know what happend with that and you can also check a post i put up on ...bebe916.blogspot.com...there i put a copy of one of them..but ill send the rest thank you

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENT TO THE MOST RECENT POSTING ON THIS PAGE, NOT THE ONE THAT CAME UP IN YOUR SEARCH. Do not forget to include the scammers e-mail address.

THANK YOU